Friday, November 11, 2011

Vegetable Beef Soup

Winter is fast approaching and the cooler weather makes me really want to cuddle up with a warm bowl of soup.  I had bought a roast for the Roast, Potatoes, and Carrots recipe knowing I could use if for vegetable beef soup!










What you will need...
  • Leftover cooked roast (I used half of what I put into the Crockpot)
  • All the broth from the Crockpot (1 can beef stock, 1 can water, salt and pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and diced onion...see roast recipe)
  • 2 Idaho potatoes, cut into small cubes
  • 1 bag frozen carrots
  • 1 bag frozen green beans
  • 1 bag frozen peas
  • 1 can tomato juice (I had some canned from my friend Grace so I used a bit more than 2 cups)
  • 1 tbps rosemary
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • salt and pepper
In a pot, boil the potatoes until they are almost done (you can poke a fork easilyish through them).  In another pot, add all other ingredients together and turn to medium heat.  Add the potatoes and some of the water from the potato pot so that the vegetables are mostly covered.  Cook over medium heat, stirring occassionally to make sure the meat gets broken up throughout.  Add as much water as you want to get the right consistancy.  Serve in a large bowl...YUM-OLA!!!

How many can eat...makes about 6 large bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment