Saturday, September 10, 2011

Turkey Sausage Balls

Brought this one back from when I was little...mom use to make these all the time, so I just modified them to make them a bit healthier.  They are great for breakfast, brunch, or an appetizer...












What you will need...
  • 1 lb ground turkey sausage
  • 1 cup low-fat shredded cheese (cheddar or pepper jack are yummy)
  • 1/2 cup bisquick
Preheat oven to 350*.  Mix all items well and roll into small balls.  Place the balls on a jelly roll pan (because it has sides) and bake for 45 minutes. 
NOTE:  next time I make these I will cook them on a cooling rack in the oven to keep the bottoms from getting more done than the rest of the sausage ball.

What to serve them with...I have taken them in a bowl mixed with mini cornbread muffins to a gathering, and we love them for brunch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment