Saturday, May 12, 2012

Red Wine Roast

Usually I put a bottle of beer in the with a roast, however, we only had red wine on hand, so I thought I would give it a try...I don't think you can go wrong with any dish that calls for wine:).











What you will need...
  • large roast (whatever is on sale)
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 pkg mushrooms
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled but left whole
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 can of beef broth
  • 1 to 2 cups red wine (I used a cabernet)
Use a paper towel to pat the roast.  Season with salt and lots of black pepper, rub the outsides with the garlic cloves, and place the meat into a CrockPot.  Pour the wine over the meat and add the garlic cloves.  Let the roast set overnight in the refrigerator.  In the am, put all other items in with the roast, season with a bit more salt and pepper, and cook on the lowest setting about 8 to 10 hours, until the roast is tender.  I like to turn the roast once half way through the day to get all the flavor in the whole roast...YUM-OLA!!!

Sides to think about...great with red potatoes and broccoli.

How many people can eat...depends on the size of your roast:)

No comments:

Post a Comment